Our Vision, Our Mission

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gotta Eat!

Friends-

I got a great reminder today about the importance of eating and running.  I felt pretty strong today going into my final long run before Route 66, but after getting my butt kicked pretty bad on a 16 miler a few weeks ago ( which I directly contribute to running out of good calories the last few miles),  I remembered I need to eat better. I ate a lot of potatoes, rice, pizza, granola, and bagels the last couple of days. A baggy of rice, a banana, and a few packs of energy beans were about perfect during the run. The only improvement I could have made would have been a QT apple fritter.  They are my favorite food when I run, and make me run much faster!  It was the easiest 20 miles I have ever done.  We Finished with a couple of fast miles, and still had enough energy to come home and skate with Kade Rocket. 

Maybe the Olympic team doesn't train with apple fritters, but why make it complicated.  Just find what works for you, and remember to eat.

Stay tuned for advice on the "Apple Fritter" and it's many attributes.

We need some help passing out flyers and cards at Route 66.  Will you help us? 
Message us on FB Run To Uganda.
or runtouganda.gmail.com


Peace,

Jono 

No comments:

Post a Comment