Our Vision, Our Mission

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Minimalism?


Friends-

So I have become very intrigued by the idea of minimalism over the last year or so.  While the extremity of the possibilities to minimize are probably the reason for my initial draw, the practicality of doing this in real life with a family of 5 seems a little unrealistic.  A little over a year ago, after only recently learning about the idea, I presented it to my wife.  After some deliberation we ended up in the garage where she pointed to my work bench and my toys, and said we will start here.  A little secret I learned about getting rid of tools is it gives you an out on honey do's.  

My only real attempt at minimization has been in my closet where I have tried to cut my clothes collection in half twice over the last year, and I have come pretty close.  I also got rid of my prized hat collection.  Over the next year, I would really like to learn more about practical ways to minimize.  I am asking any of you with experience to please share, and I will be periodically posting what I have learned.

We have a team currently on their way to Calo Me Lare in Ugnada.  They will be meeting the 16 new orphans, which brings the total to 64.  The dream is becoming reality.  These kids really need a school house.

Good Job today at Turkey and Taturs Paul (50K), Jeff, and Amelia (25K)!

Like us on Facebook.

Peace,

Jono

No comments:

Post a Comment